Laurel EV Charger Repair & Install
Electric Vehicle Charger Services in Prince George's County
For EV owners, a fast and reliable charger is a non-negotiable. To help, we offer a wide range of services to meet your needs, including EV charger repair and EV charging station installation. Equipped with more than 19 years of trade experience, Seals Electric is knowledgeable in all of the latest advancements in electric car charging technology. Our team of experienced electricians provides electric car charger installation, repair, and maintenance services of the highest quality.
Our electricians ensure fast and reliable EV charging in several ways, including:
- Assessing the electrical system: We assess the electrical system to determine if it can support an EV charger. We check the electrical panel and wiring to ensure it can handle the increased load.
- Choosing the right charger: There are many types of EV chargers available, and an electrician is best equipped to help you choose the right one. We also advise on the best location for the charger and the length of cable required.
- Running electrical wiring: An electrician can run the necessary electrical wiring from the electrical panel to the location of the EV charger. This may involve installing a new circuit, which will require a permit and inspection.
- Installing the charger: Once the wiring is in place, an electrician can install the EV charger and ensure that it is properly connected to the electrical system.
- Testing and inspection: After installation, an electrician will test the charger to ensure that it is functioning correctly and safely. They may also arrange for a permit and inspection to ensure that the installation meets all necessary safety requirements and building codes.
EV Charger Repair in Laurel, MD
If your EV charger isn't working like it used to, it may require inspection and repair. Our team can take a look at the wiring, panel, and other components to troubleshoot the issue, solve the problem, and get your car charging like it should.
There are several signs that an EV charger may be malfunctioning, including:
- Slow charging: If your EV is taking longer than usual to charge, it may be a sign that the charger is not functioning correctly.
- Overheating: If the EV charger feels excessively hot to the touch or emits an unusual smell, it may be overheating, which could be a safety hazard.
- Failure to start charging: If your EV charger fails to start charging your vehicle, there may be a problem with the charger or the connection between the charger and your vehicle.
- Error messages: Many EV chargers are equipped with diagnostic systems that can detect and display error messages. If you see an error message, it may indicate that there is a problem with the charger.
- Damaged charging cable: If the charging cable is damaged, it may not be able to supply power to your EV correctly, which could result in slow charging or a failure to charge.
If you suspect that your EV charger is malfunctioning, it's important to contact a licensed electrician as soon as possible. A professional can diagnose and repair the problem, ensuring that your EV is charged safely and efficiently.
Contact us today to learn more about our electric car charger installation, repair, and maintenance services.
Quality Work Your Deserve
On Time & On Budget
Our company has years of experience and our staff is highly qualified and dedicated to building a company to be proud of.
Get experts on the job that are equipped to handle it all. We make it easy for you to have confidence in the team you call.
Emergencies don't wait for office hours, you shouldn't have to either. Our team is available to service your electrical needs.